Monday, December 8, 2008

(What's outside my window? A gray sky against the barren limbs of my sugar maple that look ready to burst with snow.)

I'm taking a different route today on the road to publication, by featuring Linore Rose Burkard's Regency romance entitled 'Until the Season Ends'. You are greeted by a gorgeous cover, with two lovers whose eyes are aglow, and whose smiles are slightly mischievous, dressed in period clothing that rival the recent PBS versions of Jane Austen's novels.

I haven't met a person yet that hasn't enjoyed novels of the Austen kind. I think many readers have grown weary of bodice ripping tomes, and now long to read romances in the vein of Austen and Bronte. They want stories of love, loyalty, faith, friendship, courtship, and marriage.

Until the Season Ends swept me away straight through the door of a country house, into the halls of London's high Regency society, where Ariana Forsythe meets a dashing bachelor --- Mr. Phillip Mornay. Immediately I was endeared to Ariana and rooted for her that she would win Mr. Mornay's heart and bring him into a more peaceful valley than the low one he had been treading through.

Please visit Linore's website for more details at www.LinoreRoseBurkard.com
You can purchase
Until the Season Ends from Amazon, ChristianBook.com, Barnes & Noble, and other online stores. Until the Season Ends would make a great Christmas gift for the readers on your list...especially your mom, best friend, sister....

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi InSpire -

I also read this book, and loved it. There was plenty of tension to satisfy this suspense-loving reader.

Way to go, Linore. I'm looking forward to your second book.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Jessica Nelson said...

I'm so interested in it. You gotta think it's pretty amazing since it was self-pubbed and then an editor wanted to buy it. I like the title too.
I haven't read Austen. I tried in high school and couln't get into it. I did like Wuthering Heights though, and Jane Eyre.