Author Amy Deardon tagged me. http://amydeardon.blogspot.com/2008/12/ive-been-tagged.html
I'm supposed to list seven random things about myself, so here goes.
1. I was six and in the first grade in this picture. I wouldn't smile because I had lost my two front teeth. My mother insisted on the 'doo'.
2. I wrote my first short story when I was eleven, about a little girl that found a horse in an abandoned stable in the woods, complete with illustrations.
3. I'm afraid of spiders, especially big, hairy wolf spiders.
4. I like thrift shopping for designer name brands.
5. Once upon a time, I scaled and repelled a one-hundred-foot-high cliff in New Mexico on an outdoor school, built a 'houch' in the woods and slept in it alone for two nights. While thumbing it home, I almost got trampled by a herd of Texas longhorn steer. My husband, Paul, got me over the fence just in time. Ah, the days of foolish youth, back in 1983!
6. I've made seven bed quilts and four quilt wall-hangings.
7. I married my high school sweetheart.
8. One for Good Measure ---- Best-selling romance author Nora Roberts is my first cousin. Her father was my mother's brother, and we had our annual family reunions at his house in Silver Springs, Maryland every August. In the yard were cherry trees, and we kids loved picking them and stuffing ourselves.