Friday, August 22, 2008

ACCEPTANCE!

What I see outside my window. (A orange and yellow sunset peeking through the evergreens. Oh, and the ladder my husband left outside our window after working on the trim of the house.)


At last, after years of hoping and searching, persistence and patience, writing and rewriting, and prayer, I have a publisher. Surrender the Wind, an epic tale of love, betrayal, and fidelity, set in England and Virginia after the American Revolution, has been accepted by Abingdon Press. Surrender the Wind will be released in trade paperback in the Fall 2009. Visit my website to read more about this novel on the Books page.

Don’t ever give up on your dream. Have faith. God answers prayer. A few weeks ago, I sat down at my desk and put my face in my hands and prayed. I asked the Lord to give me guidance regarding this novel, to show me what He wanted me to do. He showed me that day, and three weeks later I have had an acceptance. I've been submitting this book for two years to agents. It's finally found a home.

Please let me emphasize to those of you who are seeking publication. Never give up. Trust God with your career. It is all in His timing. He knows what is best for us, when it is best for us. Keep trusting in Him.

3 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

Hi, Rita. I've been following your blog, suspecting your good news might just mirror my own. Congratulations to another of Abingdon's new authors! I'd been praying about my own writing career when I learned about their new fiction line. It's an exciting time in Christian publishing!

Chiron said...

I'm catching up on news...

Congratulations!!

I'm SO very happy for you...

Hugs,
Chiron

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This was so encouraging to read tonight. I came across your blog through Rachelle Gardner's blog tonight. The blogosphere is overwhelming! I'm in the very beginning stages of a spiritual memoir, targeted at women readers. The road seems long and far, but you offer hope in your blog. God bless you, and CONGRATULATIONS!

- Jennifer Dukes Lee