Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Signing Week

It's Book Signing Week for me. The signing is Saturday, but all week I will be preparing for the event. This week I will be blogging about how to prepare a book signing, set up, and finally meeting readers. I hope this tips will be helpful to you.

This Saturday's signing will be held in Hagerstown, Maryland at the Valley Mall for an event hosted by the library called 'Reading Day'. Multiple authors will be in attendance, but the ones near and dear to my heart that will be there are the ACFW authors (American Christian Fiction Writers). I'll be signing books alongside Loree Lough, Roseanna White, Jeanette Windle, Dani Pettrey, and Eileen Rife.

Over the weekend I put together two gift baskets to be raffled off. Each author is bringing one or two. I piled into them good copies of novels I had on hand that I've read, bookmarks, and little gift items such as candles and oil diffusers. Then I put the baskets in clear basket bags and used ribbon to close them.

Today's Preparation.

Tip: Make a list of everything you need to bring. This will save you time and keep you from leaving something behind.

My list:
Boxes of books
Gift Baskets for the raffle
Suitcase with books
Posters
Pens
Tape
Address Book

I use an expandable rollaboard suitcase. This makes it so easy to transport books to the signing. Ideally, a bookstore signing where the store supplies the books is best. But if you are attending one that is not hosted by a bookstore, have your own books on hand and move them in a rollaboard.

More later....


1 comment:

Jessica Nelson said...

How fun!!! I hope you post about how it went. :-)