Thursday, September 22, 2011

ACFW and Surrender the Wind


Lots going on this month. The American Christian Fiction Writers is holding their annual conference in St. Louis. I was unable to attend this year. However, my writer friends that are there are posting on social networks all the happenings.

ACFW's book club chose my inspirational historical romance, 'Surrender the Wind', for the read this month.

To celebrate, I'm letting everyone know that Cokesbury Bookstore is offering copies at 71% off the retail price of $13.99. The cost ---- only $4.00. If you haven't gotten a copy, please do. Or perhaps buy a copy for a friend for Christmas.

http://www.cokesbury.com/forms/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=783958

I was saving the best for last. My prior editor at Abingdon Press has joined WordServe Literary Agency as an agent. She asked if I would be interested in being one of her clients, and if I were the shoutin' type, I would have screamed 'YES!' I didn't scream, but I gave her a resounding yes and shed some tears. She is such a godsend. Barbara is an amazing person. Not only does she know the industry inside and out, and have connections everywhere in CBA, she is an advocate for writers. I am so blessed. Three years ago, I was sitting at my desk staring at my Word doc for Surrender the Wind feeling like I was fighting an uphill battle. I prayed that day, committed my work to Him that gave it to me, and that very day the doors swung wide open. You can read my journey on my website.

http://ritagerlach.blogspot.com/p/encouragement-for-writers.html

If you are pre-published, hold onto your dream. Do not give up. I could have so many times and missed out on God's blessings.

5 comments:

Jan Cline said...

Wow, great deal. I already read it but will pass the info on. Congrats on its success!

Rita Gerlach said...

Thanks, Jan. You are a darling.
I hope everything is going well for you. How are submissions?

Jan Cline said...

Playing the waiting game with agents and publishers with a non-fiction and a fiction. Doing a conference takes some of my writing time, but plugging along!

Melissa K Norris said...

Awesome, Rita!

I've missed Barbara's blog, The Roving Editor, and was thrilled to see her back on the radar so to speak. I also sent her a query.

Congrats. I'm always amazed when I look back and see God's hand so visible on my life. Thanks for the encouragement.

Carla Gade said...

So happy about your new agent, Rita! There shall be showers of blessings!