Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Getaway

It always sounded so glamorous to me. The writer going off to some secluded place to write. Well, I can tell you it is wonderful. Today's blog is written from beautiful western Maryland at the Wisp Resort, a ski resort in the mountains. Naturally there is no snow on the slopes, just green grass and lush trees. Since it is off season no one is here. It appears we have the entire place to ourselves. Not a sound.

We stopped at Swallow Falls State Park to see the waterfall in the Muddy Creek. To get there we hiked along a path through a dark hemlock forest. Some of the trees are over 300 years old. So quiet as we paused and listened to the water tumbling over the shale cliff in the distance.

Paul will be fly fishing, while I'm secluded in the room or the restaurant to finish book 1 of the Daughters of the Potomac Series, Beyond the Scarlet Dawn. I am in the homestretch, and with a word count to meet, I am wondering how I'm going to put everything in my head into the last 25,000 words. I'm confident I'll do it.

I prayed the other day as I was working for the chance to have a few days uninterrupted to finish. God answered. I'm here now, in a beautiful room - no phone, and no emails.

I'll let you know how it is going.

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Rita -

Sounds idyllic! I find I'm more motivated to write when I'm busy. Otherwise, I tend to procrastinate.

Blessings,
Susan :)