Thursday, July 9, 2009

Print Runs...




(What's outside my window: A sunny day...downy woodpecker on the tree, and an empty park across the street. Where are all the children these days? I hardly see any playing outside anymore. So sad.)


The first print run has been sold, and so the book is going into a second printing before the release date. This is great news. There were lots of bookstore orders and preorders by readers.

So, my friends, we are in the marketing phase. It actually began once the ARCs were ready to go out. Marketing is a daunting task for some writers. But let me encourage you. It can actually be a whole lot of fun.
Over on Stepping Stones Magazine for Writers and Readers, I've posted two articles about building a Book Trailer. Daunting? Yes. But so fun to do.

Have you made a book trailer you'd like to share? Post a comment with the link.


What other kinds of things can a writer do with a video besides it being a trailer? Share your ideas, please.

3 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Rita -

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Glynis Peters said...

Congratulations and happy scribbling to you!

Jessica Nelson said...

I'm still working on mine. I'm having the hardest time with music. Sigh.

I haven't read the STM post yet, but I will.

And HUGE congrats on your print run!