Happy Thanksgiving. Here is a recipe that is a family favorite of mine. If you are tired of the same ole' sweet potatoes with the marshmallows on top, you'll love this recipe.
Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole
3 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (about 2 1/4 pounds)
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup of skim milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 lightly beaten egg whites
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon chilled butter
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
2. Spoon mixture into a square baking dish coated with cooking spray
For the topping
1. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and flour in a bowl.
2. Cut in 2 tables of butter until it resembles coarse meal. A pastry cutter works well, or a food processor.
3. Stir in chopped pecans.
4. Sprinkle over top sweet potato mixture evenly.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Yields 8 - 1/2 cup servings
I usually double this recipe if we are having a large gathering.